The Mission of the Southern California Rugby Referees Society (SCRRS) is to manage, serve, educate and promote the game of rugby union at all levels; to provide all levels of rugby with International Rugby Board (IRB) certified match officials while providing the environment and resources for each active official to reach his or her potential within the Society.
Customer Service Statement
The Southern California Rugby Referees Society aims to provide educated and trained match officials to all levels of rugby within the Southern California rugby region. Through the IRB certification process, we can provide a continuous and progressive development program. As the governing society for rugby referees in the Southern California region, we provide education and training to perspective and current referees.
We will continue to provide match officiating services to all clubs, colleges, and high schools that are sanctioned by our national governing body, USA Rugby (USARU).
SCRRS shall endeavor to establish and maintain an approved charitable organization 501(c)(3).
As ambassadors for the game of rugby, we will maintain the following core values:
- We will treat each member of the rugby community with fairness, equality, dignity and respect both on and off the field.
- We will officiate and manage each rugby event with professionalism.
- We will abide by the by-laws, policies, procedures, and other laws as prescribed by local, national and international rugby authorities.
- We will strive to make each rugby event safe and fair for all players, while maintaining strict impartiality and integrity.
- We will take responsibility for applying the letter and the spirit of the rugby laws.
- We will uphold the principles of the game through fairness, consistency, sensitivity, and appropriate game management.
- We will ensure that referees are protected against all forms of abuse.
- We will strive to create an environment where players can display their skills and can experience the enjoyment of the game of rugby while doing it.
- We shall encourage the recruitment and retention of referees through a mentoring program.
- We shall strive to forever improve referee knowledge, development and education through outreach to other Societies, USARU and other venues.
Having positive people doing their part in promoting positive things for rugby, the winner shall be rugby. By maintaining our focus on our customer service goals, we as a Society shall achieve higher quality refereeing for our customers.